Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Requesting a Faculty/Staff Accessible Permit for the first time

First time requesting a Faculty/Staff Accessible Parking Permit? 

Staff permit sales start July 15, 2024 You may purchase a Faculty/Staff Accessible Permit in person at the Parking and Transportation office (2121 Stephenson Dr.) during our office hours of 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. 

Faculty/Staff Parking Rates
Starting purchases Monday, July 15, 2024


Prepare Current Valid Paperwork

Make photocopies of the top 3 documents:

  1. Current Driver’s License
  2. Current Placard or Picture of License Plate. Please make sure the license plate expiration sticker is clearly visible.
  3. Your Current DMV Placard/License Plate Registration Document (We need the specific printed state registration document with your address to prove the placard is registered and that this matches with the drivers license.)
  4. Complete the UT Vehicle Registration Form (yes even if you car is registered on campus, we need this form)
  5. Complete the Accessible Permit Payment Form
  6. Complete the Payroll Deduction – ONLY if you are eligible and this needs to be renewed each year

Submit the five (5) pieces of paperwork (6 if you are including the payroll deduction form) and email Parking Services at

  • Via email (to encourage social distancing)
  • In person at Parking Services 2121 Stephenson Dr 


After your Accessible Permit is approved, payment will be coordinated if you have NOT elected for the payroll deduction option

  1. Payroll Deduction – Only if you are eligible
  2. Credit Card Payment – Please wait for staff to contact you to securely process this transaction
  3. Cash Payment – Must come into Parking Offices to process this payment 


  • Permit mailed to faculty/staff member
  • Attach the new year sticker
  • Reminder new permit year begins August 1, 2024


Please note:

Before purchasing a UT Accessible Parking Permit you must have a valid approved State Issued Accessible Placard or License Plate. Here is form that needs to be completed at the DMV – SAMPLE TN Accessible Placard Application

UT Parking Services is unable to issue Accessible Permits without a current valid State Issued Accessible Placard or License Plate. Please secure this documentation first.

Medical documentation may be needed by your state to secure a permanent or temporary permit.