Student Permit Purchase Instructions
Before continuing to purchase a student permit, you will need the following information:
- NetID and password
- Credit card or access to MyUTK
- License plate number
- License plate registration expiration date
- Make, model, year, and color of the vehicle(s) you will be driving to campus
Students are required to purchase their commuter or non-commuter (residential) parking permit online.
Online permit sales are open year-round.
Receipt and Temporary Permit – At the end of the transaction print the 14-day temporary permit to park in your designated area.
Hang tags are mailed the next business day from the vendor. Permits are not available to pick up in the office.
Click the link below to purchase your permit:
>>> Purchase a Student Permit <<<
Fall 2023/Spring 2024 Student Parking Permits sales online begin August 1, 2023.
Student Permits and Rates for Academic Year
(Fall 2023 and Spring 2024)
- Non-Commuter Permit (N/NW): $310
- Commuter (C/CW): $198 – NOT AVAILABLE
- Evening (T/TW): $42 (valid beginning at 3 pm in commuter lots and 4 pm in unreserved staff lots)
- Fraternity or Sorority (GF/GFW/GS/GSW): $283
Motorcycle permits are annual permits
- Commuter Motorcycle (M): $66
- Non-Commuter Motorcycle (R): $82.50
Economy Student Permits and Rates for Academic Year
(Fall 2023 and Spring 2024)
- Economy Non-Commuter Permit (EN/ENW): $105
- Economy Commuter (EC/ECW): $99
Academic year parking permits expire May 31, 2024
One-Day Permit – Temporary parking for student areas may be purchased at the rate of $5.00 per day when space is available
Requirements, Accessible, After Hours, Limitations, and Enforcement
All vehicles require that you need to:
- Purchase a Parking Permit – Valid parking permits are required to park on the UT Knoxville campus – 24/7/365 (including nights, weekends, breaks, holidays, and during the summer (parking during the summer requires a summer permit)
- Temporary or Replacement Parking Permit – If you have newly acquired a vehicle, left it in another vehicle or misplaced your hangtag, we can provide a temporary permit or issue a replacement, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm Mon-Fri, for a fee at either:
- Circle Park Information Booth – near Torchbearer
- Parking & Transportation Services – 2121 Stephenson Dr
(off Neyland and Joan Cronan Way, just across the railroad tracks)
Accessible Parking Permits may also park in:
- Accessible signed spaces
- Any Unreserved S, C, or N space
Accessible permits must also adhere to timed parking spaces – 15-minute loading zone, 45 minutes, 1 hour, etc.
Parking after 5:00 pm (except when noted by special event signs)
In addition to the above privileges, any student with any regular student type of paid permit (CS, NS, TS, GFS) may park in Commuter or unreserved Staff spaces between 5:00 pm and 3:00 am. The vehicle MUST be moved by 3:00 am or it will be subject to citation and/or towing, this includes the Accessible spaces.
- Football Season – Staff and Commuter parking areas are assigned to UT Athletics. Parking on campus for football is ONLY with a Football Parking Permit which is sold to Season Ticket Holders through Athletics.
Perimeter Commuter parking permits are also not valid on gamedays.
- Other Special Events – Parking lots around certain venues are utilized for Special Event Paid Public Parking and signs will indicate the timing of these needs. Commuters or Staff will be instructed on what alternative parking options are available.
- Greek permits are not valid in Commuter, Perimeter Commuter, or Non-Commuter (residential) parking areas during the day.
Parking permits are required on the University of Tennessee Knoxville campus 24/7/365.
Due to the volume of activities on the UT campus year around, we monitor and manage continually including during the summer, on holiday break, and weekends.
In addition, certain streets around the UT campus are maintained by the City of Knoxville and they also monitor 24/7/365.