Student Permit Purchase Instructions
Before continuing to purchase a student permit, you will need the following information:
- NetID and password
- Credit card or access to MyUTK
- License plate number
- License plate registration expiration date
- Make, model, year, and color of the vehicle(s) you will be driving to campus
Students are required to purchase their commuter or non-commuter (residential) parking permit online.
Online permit sales are open year-round.
Receipt and Temporary Permit – At the end of transaction print the 14 day temporary permit to park in your designated area.
Hang tags are mailed the next business day from the vendor. Permits are not available to pick up in office.
Click the link below to purchase your permit:
>>> Purchase a Student Permit <<<
New to campus? You may purchase your parking permit on the first business day following the day you register for classes.
Note: Graduate Students are classified as students by the University of Tennessee, so please purchase a student parking permit.
2020 Student Summer Parking Permit Rates
Working on campus, conducting research, or living in UT Housing on campus
On sale now
- Non-Commuter Permit (NS/NSW): $100
- Commuter (CS/CSW): $63
- Evening (TS/TSW): $13.50 (valid beginning at 3 pm in commuter lots and 4 pm in unreserved staff lots)
2020-21 Student Academic Year Parking Permit Rates
2020-21 Student School (Fall/Spring) Year Permit
On sale now
- Non-Commuter Permit (N/NW/NA): $294
- Commuter (C/CW/CA): $188
- Perimeter Commuter (PC/PCW/PCA) $94 (available July 20th)
- Evening (T/TW/TA): $40 (valid beginning at 3 pm in commuter lots and 4 pm in unreserved staff lots)
- Fraternity or Sorority (GF/GFW/GFA/GS/GSW/GSA): $269 NEW – Available for purchase ONLINE starting July 27, 2020
One Day Permit – Temporary parking for student areas may be purchased at rate of $5.00 per day when space is available
Requirements, Accessible, After Hours, Limitations and Enforcement
All vehicles (newly acquired vehicles also) need to:
- Purchase a Parking Permit – Valid parking permits are required to park on the UT Knoxville campus – 24/7/365 (including nights, weekends, breaks, holidays, and during the summer (parking during the summer requires a summer permit)
- Temporary or Replacement Parking Permit – If you have newly acquired a vehicle, left it in another vehicle, or misplaced your hangtag, we can provide a temporary permit or issue a replacement for a fee at either:
- Circle Park Information Booth – near Torchbearer
- Parking & Transit Services – 2121 Stephenson Dr (off Neyland and Joan Cronan Way, just across the railroad tracks)
|Type of Permit||Where can I park||When can I park||VALID Permit Dates|
|Commuter||Any C space and Any PC space||6 am to 3 am (no overnight privileges)||Aug 15 to May 15|
Only valid in 3 parking ares:
(Permit NOT VALID for special events)
|Any PC space||7 am to 5 pm at Culinary Institute and Methodist Church Remote lot
7 am to 8 pm at University Commons
|Aug 15 to May 15|
|Non-Commuter (UT housing – dorms and apartments ONLY, on-campus)||Any N space||24/7||Aug 15 to May 15|
|Motorcycle Commuter||Any M space||6 am to 3 am (no overnight privileges)||Aug 15 to Aug 15|
|Motorcycle Non-Commuter||Any R space||24/7||Aug 15 to Aug 15|
|Fraternity (residents of Fraternity houses with UT parking spaces)||Any GF space||24/7||Aug 15 to May 15|
|Sorority (residents of Sorority Village only)||Any GS space||24/7||Aug 15 to May 15|
|Evening||Any C space OR
Any Unreserved Staff Space
|1. After 3 pm to 3 am
2. After 4 pm to 3 am
|Aug 15 to May 15|
Greek Accessible/Handicapped Parking Permits (GSA & GFA) may also park in:
- Accessible/Handicapped signed spaces
- Any Unreserved S, C, or N space
Accessible permits must also adhere to timed parking spaces – 15 minute loading zone, 45 minute, 1 hour, etc.
Parking after 5:00 pm or weekends (except when noted by special event signs)
In addition to the above privileges, any student with any regular student type of paid permit (C, N, T, GF, GS) may park in Commuter or unreserved Staff spaces between 5:00 pm and 3:00 am. The vehicle MUST be moved by 3:00 am or it will be subject to citation and/or towing.
- Football Season – Staff and Commuter parking areas are assigned to UT Athletics. Parking on campus for football is ONLY with a Football Parking Permit sold to Season Ticket Holders through Athletics.
Perimeter Commuter parking permits are also not valid on gamedays.
- Other Special Events, parking lots around certain venues are utilized for Special Event Paid Public Parking and signs will indicate the timing of these needs. Commuters or Staff will be instructed on what alternative parking options are available.
- Greek permits are not valid in Commuter, Perimeter Commuter, or Residential parking areas during the day.
Parking permits are required on the University of Tennessee Knoxville campus 24/7/365.
Due to the volume of activities on the UT campus year around, we monitor and manage continually including during the summer, on holiday break, and weekends.
In addition, certain streets around the UT campus are maintained by the City of Knoxville and they also monitor 24/7/365.