Citations are written throughout the entire year, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year whether or not school is in session.
CITATIONS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE KNOXVILLE:
- Parking regulations are enforced 24/7/365
- Regulations may be enforced by Parking Enforcement or University of Tennessee Police. Moving violations are enforced by any law enforcement agency
- Citation recipients are notified by email within seven (7) days of a violation to their My UTK email account
- Citations must be paid within fourteen (14) calendar days of the ticket to avoid a 50% penalty. On the 14th day, the citation is increased by 50%
(Original fine = $24.00 if not paid will go up to $36.00 at the 14 day mark)
- Second option is to appeal the citation online. Click here for how to appeal.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT:
- Delinquent citations (after the 14 days) are transferred to the Bursar’s Office financial system
- Delinquent citations may NOT be appealed
- Payments are now paid to the Bursar
- Bursar’s office sends out notifications of balance due (Please note these notifications may now also be going to parents if they are enabled to see financial balances.)
HOW TO AVOID A CITATION:
- Park in the area you are assigned
- Always have your permit displayed.
- If your windshield is tinted at the top, tape the permit to the lower driver’s side of the windshield.
- Always park between the white lines and don’t block drive ways.
- Obey timed parking zones like Circle Park or loading zones.
- Finally, when in doubt, refer to your parking map for policy and location, or call Parking and Transit Services at 865-974-6031.
All meters around campus are provided and enforced by the City of Knoxville. Regardless of whether or not you have a valid UT parking permit, you are still required to pay parking meters. Meters are enforced 24/7. If you receive a citation at a meter, follow the directions given on the ticket.