Headlines for the 2023-24 Basketball Season
- NEW unloading and loading near the arena for the Ag Campus Shuttle
- Due to men’s season ticket holder demand, there is NO paid public parking near the arena (except S9 on holidays or weekends)
- Lady Vols have paid parking available near the arena
- Special event parking is now CASHLESS – Cards ONLY, no cash
- Significant road closures coming in Nov on Pat Head Summitt and in Dec for a good portion of Phillip Fulmer.
- New Designated Ride-share location for basketball and concerts
Special Event Parking
Staff and commuter lots located in the vicinity of Thompson-Boling Arena at Food City Center will convert to concert/event parking at 4 pm during the week or 4 hours before the event on the weekends.
- G17 Terrace Ave Garage at 1800 Lake Ave (after 5 pm)
- Ag Campus at 2506 River Dr (address for Brehm Animal Science Bldg):
Ag Campus Accessible shuttle to Thompson-Boling Arena at Food City Center departs from River Dr. Shuttles begin 2 hours before tip-off and run 2 hours post-game or until all guests have exited the arena.
General Public Accessible Parking
Fans with Basketball Tickets and a current valid accessible placard or plate but NO Basketball Parking Permit will park on the Ag Campus.
The accessible shuttle to the arena drops at the Accessible entrance near Arena Dining (the same location as last year).
Inbound from the Ag Campus – Arrival and Unloading
- Buses will travel from Joe Johnson to Volunteer Blvd to Todd Helton and they will unload at the corner of Lake Loudoun and Chamique Holdsclaw.
Outbound to the Ag Campus – Departure and Loading
- Buses will arrive on Neyland and turn left into Lake Loudoun and will stage at the corner of Lake Loudoun and Phillip Fulmer. Additional buses will stage in the left turn lane and they will be the ONLY vehicles allowed to turn left into the campus from that intersection.
- Staff 9 and 9-B (ONLY available on holidays and weekends)
Access from Phillip Fulmer across from Gate 21
Paid public parking is available in these parking areas
- G-10 (enter from Neyland Drive or Phillip Fulmer Way)
- G-16 (enter off Pat Head Summitt St)
- Staff 7 (across from Vols Boathouse)
- Staff 9-A (enter from Volunteer Blvd)
- Staff 30-A (enter from Peyton Manning Pass)
- C-8 (enter from Lake Loudoun Blvd)
- Circle Park (enter from Volunteer Blvd) – NOT available on Mon, Oct 30th
- Staff 9 and 9-B (ONLY available on holidays and weekends) Access from Phillip Fulmer across from Gate 21
Due to impending road closures and the impact on the arena, we are encouraging Ride-Share operators to use the C1 gravel lot behind baseball for unloading and loading guests for basketball. This way you can avoid the congestion at Lake Loudoun, Chamique Holdsclaw, and Phillip Fulmer.
Students Attending Class During Weekday Games
The following parking areas will be designated for students with a valid parking permit (C-Commuter, N-Non Commuter, T-Evening School, GS-Sorority, and GF-Fraternity) who are attending class on weekdays during basketball games:
- Staff Area 9—@ Student Union on Phillip Fulmer Way (Mon-Thur only)
- Staff Area 23—@ Music on Pat Head Summitt Street
- Staff Area 7 & Commuter Area 19—11th Street Garage
- G17 Terrace Ave Garage
- White Avenue Garage
- Commuter 18 – @ corner of Clinch and James Agee
- Staff 7 – @ Second Creek (east of Min Kao bldg)
Faculty/Staff Working During Weekday Games
The following parking areas will be designated for faculty and staff with a valid parking permit who are working during basketball games:
- Staff Area 9—Phillip Fulmer Way (Mon-Thur ONLY)
- Staff Area 23—@ Music on Pat Head Summitt St
- Staff Area 7 & C-19—11th Street Garage
Note: Parking is also permitted in any other unreserved or unattended staff lot.