During commencement exercises free parking available for all graduates and their guests in student parking areas.
- G-10 Garage located next to Thompson Boling Arena (enter off Neyland Dr or Phillip Fulmer Way)
- G-5 top level of garage near Andy Holt Tower across the ramp from Thompson-Boling Arena
- Accessible parking spaces are available in the G-10 Garage and in many other UT parking lots for visitors with a state-issued accessible parking placard (tag) or plate. Ample accessible parking is available in the G-10 Garage, along with elevators and a bridge connecting the garage to the arena concourse.
Parking is prohibited in Staff (S) parking areas.
We recommend: G-10 Parking Garage has ample accessible parking is available, along with elevators and a bridge connecting the garage to the arena concourse.
Accessible drop-off on Phillip Fulmer Way (look for this sign)
Additional accessible parking spaces are available in the surface lots around Thompson-Boling arena.
The arena’s large-event security protocol will be enforced at both ceremonies. Guests may enter the arena with one clear plastic bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches.
The only other items ALLOWED in the arena are:
- Small clutch purses no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches
- Mobile phones
- Binoculars, cameras, and video cameras (without cases)
- Diapers and non-medically necessary items for babies and young children (must be carried in a clear bag)
- Medically necessary items that must be carried in a specific bag, sized proportionately to its contents.
- Umbrella strollers
The following items are PROHIBITED inside the arena:
- Non-clear bags of any size
- Diaper bags
- Backpacks (of any size)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cans, bottles, coolers
- Outside food, snacks, beverages
- Open umbrellas
- Selfie sticks
- Unmanned aircraft
- Large bags or parcels, including backpacks and purses
- Weapons, including pocket knives
- Artificial noisemakers
- Large travel strollers
Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited inside the arena at all times.
For more information on the security policy, contact the Thompson-Boling Arena management office at 865-974-0953.