2021 Process to Renew Emeritus Parking Permit
Make photocopies of the top 3 documents:
- Current Driver’s License
- Current UT Retiree Card
- Complete the UT Vehicle Registration Form (yes even if you car is registered on campus, we need this form)
- Mail the three (3) pieces of paperwork to Parking Services, 2121 Stephenson Dr, Knoxville, TN 37996
- Your permit will be mailed within 2 weeks
Emeritus Parking Permits (occasional visitor)
(NOT for retirees who continue to work on the UT campus – you will need a Faculty/Staff paid parking permit)
Emeritus permit renewal starts May 1, 2021.
The 3 year hangtag will be valid until July 31, 2024.
Any University of Tennessee Knoxville retiree is eligible for an Emeritus parking permit as long as the following criteria are met:
- Regular employees must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of service with the University of Tennessee Knoxville to qualify.
- Employee must be officially retired from the University, not just retirement age, when terminating employment.
- Should the retiree return to work in a part-time, term or contract position for which they are compensated, the retiree will be required to purchase the appropriate permit.
- Retirees that regularly volunteer on campus will be required to display a regular staff parking permit. Individuals or departments may secure the permit at the rate established by the TPA.
Emeritus permits are:
- Issued every 3 years to qualified retirees
- Unreserved staff parking areas only
- Occasional parking only (1-4 times a month)
- ONLY for the use of the retiree
Emeritus Permits are NOT valid:
- Daily parking on campus
- Public pay garage, Circle Park, or other reserved spaces
- During special events or sporting events including football and basketball games
- Transferable and may not be loaned, sold or used by anyone other than the retiree
- For overnight parking
- Must be properly displayed to be valid.
- Will be issued at the rate established by the TPA during the annual budgeting cycle.