If a parking permit is stolen on University of Tennessee property (window on car was open, doors were unlocked, convertible/jeep with windows down, etc)
- Report the theft to UTPD
First Step: Pick-up 7-day Courtesy Parking Permit from one of our locations:
- Circle Park Information Booth (7:30 am – 4:30 pm)
- Parking & Transit Services (2121 Stephenson Dr 7:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Second Step: File a Stolen Permit at UTPD
located at 1100 Cumberland Ave 24 hours
- File the report in person at UTPD (Reminder that it is a crime to file a false police report)
- Get a copy of the Incident Complaint (CAD Complaint)
- Bring the report to Parking & Transit at 2121 Stephenson Dr (hours 7:30 am – 4:30 pm)
- Request a replacement permit; present photo ID and the documentation of the report
- Cost for a replacement permit is $15.00
Did You Know?
There is a $250.00 fine if a hangtag that was reported as lost is used. The person in possession is now subject to these consequences:
- an altered or mutilated registration tag or parking permit violation,
- an unauthorized possession of registration tag or parking permit violation, and
- a falsification of registration information violation,
the penalty for each of which is $250.00 in addition to the parking citation or moving violation fine!
If a permit is stolen out of your vehicle off-campus, please work with your local law enforcement.