Student Permit Purchase Instructions
Before continuing to purchase a student permit, you will need the following information:
- NetID and password
- Credit card or access to MyUTK
- License plate number
- License plate registration expiration date
- Make, model, year, and color of the vehicle(s) you will be driving to campus
Students are required to purchase their commuter or non-commuter (residential) parking permit online.
Online permit sales are open year-round.
Receipt and Temporary Permit – At the end of transaction print the 14 day temporary permit to park in your designated area.
Hang tags are mailed the next business day from the vendor. Permits are not available to pick up in office.
Click the link below to purchase your permit:
>>> Purchase a Student Permit <<<
New to campus? Purchase your parking permit online starting August 1, 2022
2022-23 Academic Year Permits available to purchase online – August 1, 2022 (valid immediately)
- Commuter (C/CW/CA): $188.00
- Evening (T/TW/TA): $40.00 (valid beginning at 3 pm in commuter lots and 4 pm in unreserved staff lots)
- Commuter Motorcycle (M) $63.00 (annually)
Additional Affordable Permits are available at Parking and Transit Services, 2121 Stephenson Dr, Mon-Fri 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Perimeter Commuter (PC) $94.00 valid in 3 PC areas ONLY. NOT
valid in C lots. M-F only (7:00 am – 5:00 pm) Subject to closure for Special vents.
2022-23 Accessible Parking Permits will be available for purchase either in person or through email starting Mon, Aug 1, 2022.
One Day Permit – Temporary parking for student areas may be purchased at rate of $5.00 per day when space is available
Requirements, Accessible, After Hours, Limitations and Enforcement
All vehicles require that you need to:
- Purchase a Parking Permit – Valid parking permits are required to park on the UT Knoxville campus – 24/7/365 (including nights, weekends, breaks, holidays, and during the summer (parking during the summer requires a summer permit)
- Temporary or Replacement Parking Permit – If you have newly acquired a vehicle, left it in another vehicle, or misplaced your hangtag, we can provide a temporary permit or issue a replacement for a fee at either:
- Circle Park Information Booth – near Torchbearer
- Parking & Transit Services – 2121 Stephenson Dr (off Neyland and Joan Cronan Way, just across the railroad tracks)
- Office Hours for both locations are Mon- Fri 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
|Type of Permit||Where can I park||When can I park||VALID Permit Dates|
|Commuter – 23 areas
One lot – C18 limited to school year only and lease expired May 15, 2023
|Any C space and Any PC space||6 am to 3 am (no overnight privileges)||Aug 1 to May 23
Only valid in 3 parking areas:
(Permit NOT VALID for football and special events)
|Any PC space||7 am to 5 pm at
UT Culinary Institute
7 am to 5 pm at
7 am to 8 pm at
Remote Church St Methodist at Broadway and Front St
|Aug 16 to May 23|
|Motorcycle Commuter||Any M space||6 am to 3 am (no overnight privileges)||Aug 1 to Jul 31|
Accessible Parking Permits (CA) may also park in:
- Accessible signed spaces
- Any Unreserved S, C, or N space
Accessible permits must also adhere to timed parking spaces – 15 minute loading zone, 45 minute, 1 hour, etc.
Parking after 5:00 pm (except when noted by special event signs)
In addition to the above privileges, any student with any regular student type of paid permit (C, PC, N, PN, T, GF, GS) may park in Commuter or unreserved Staff spaces between 5:00 pm and 3:00 am. The vehicle MUST be moved by 3:00 am or it will be subject to citation and/or towing, this includes the Accessible spaces.
- Football Season – Staff and Commuter parking areas are assigned to UT Athletics. Parking on campus for football is ONLY with a Football Parking Permit which are sold to Season Ticket Holders through Athletics.
Perimeter Commuter parking permits are also not valid on gamedays.
- Other Special Events, parking lots around certain venues are utilized for Special Event Paid Public Parking and signs will indicate the timing of these needs. Commuters or Staff will be instructed on what alternative parking options are available.
Parking permits are required on the University of Tennessee Knoxville campus 24/7/365.
Due to the volume of activities on the UT campus year around, we monitor and manage continually including during the summer, on holiday break, and weekends.
In addition, certain streets around the UT campus are maintained by the City of Knoxville and they also monitor 24/7/365.