The University of Tennessee has partnered with local bus companies to provide charter and activity bus service to UT departments. The Parking and Transit Department will process your request for charter bus service.
Charter Bus Guidelines
- The service must have a purpose related to the University of Tennessee. All requests must be approved by the appropriate UT Dean, Director or Department Head before submission.
- Available buses are charter buses, school buses and activity buses:
- Charter buses generally hold 56 passengers
- Activity buses will hold between 14 and 44 passengers
- School buses will hold between 15 and 60 passengers
- All requests made by University of Tennessee representatives must provide complete contact information including account number for billing.
- Each trip needs a specific request due to the vendor billing by trip.
- If a group has two simultaneous trips, one to ORNL and one to the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame. Each trip needs a separate request because the vendor will bill us by the trip, not by the day.
- If the two trips are consecutive, using the same vehicles you will only need to fill out one request.
- No open containers of food or beverages are allowed on the buses. Alcoholic beverages and smoking are strictly prohibited on the buses. Unlawful or inappropriate activities may result in the immediate termination of the service.
- A completed “Charter Bus Request Form” must be submitted to the UT Parking and Transit Services Office at least 14 days prior to the desired departure date.
- Charter bus rates vary by destination and time needed. If the trip will be an overnight trip, the requesting department will be responsible for paying for the driver’s hotel accommodations in addition to the bus charges.
- Once a “Charter Bus Request Form” has been submitted, the Parking and Transit Office will obtain quotes from the vendors for the trip. The received quotes will be emailed to the requestor for approval. Quotes that are not responded to within (5) days are required to be requoted and are subject to change.
- Quotes for the trip are estimates and the final charge may vary depending on parking fees, tolls or other incidental and necessary charges.
- Event service may be canceled or modified during normal office hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday–Friday excluding university holidays) up to seven (7) workdays before the departure of the bus to avoid charges. A charge of $100.00 may be assessed for service that is canceled or modified late. All requests to cancel or modify service must be made in writing to the UT Parking & Transit Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you click on the bar below you are agreeing to the guidelines above.Request Charter Bus Estimate