2019-20 Faculty/Staff Permits Now Available!
In-office sales begin July 22. We are open from 7:30 a.m. until 4:45 p.m., and our office is located at 2121 Stephenson Drive.
Accessible permit renewals must be conducted in person with updated documentation.
2019-20 Parking Rates
Unreserved Staff Area
Rates are based on base salary level
Annually: see below
Monthly: see below
Tier 1: $29,999 and under annual compensation will pay $20 per month X 12 = $240.00
Tier 2: $30,000 to $59,999 will pay $30 per month x 12 = $360.00
Tier 3: $60,000 to $149,999 will pay $35 per month x 12 = $420.00
Tier 4: $150,000 and over annual compensation will pay $50 per month x 12 = $600.00
Gated Restricted Access
Reserved Staff Area
Faculty/staff permits are sold online once a year to staff with current permits. The purchase link is distributed via e-mail during the annual renewal period. Annual faculty/staff permits expire on July 31 as indicated on each parking permit.
Previous permit holders who have not followed the once a year renewal process may also purchase permits online.
If you are new to campus, faculty/staff permits are sold in person after New Employee Orientation or with a letter from your department verifying your new employment.
Faculty/Staff permit categories include Unreserved Staff Area, Accessible, Gated Restricted Access, and Reserved Staff Area.
Temporary staff desiring to park on campus must purchase a permit for $5.00 per day or $30.00 per month and may choose the lesser rate. An authorization letter from the hiring department is required.
Your regular commute may involve bicycle, public transportation, or carpooling with a friend or family member. On very rare occasions, however, you may need to drive an automobile and park it here on campus.
If this describes you, rather than pay a monthly fee, we offer two $5 options to better suit your needs, each of which allows one day of parking in the G10 garage:
- A scratch-off parking permit that can be purchased in advance, or
- A daily permit that can be purchased on the day it is used.
Emeritus Parking Permits
Any UT retiree is eligible for an Emeritus permit as long as the following four criteria are all met:
- Regular employees must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of service with the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, to qualify.
- Employee must be officially retired from the university, not just retirement age, when terminating employment.
- Should the retiree return to work in a part-time, term, or contract position for which they are compensated, the retiree will be required to purchase the appropriate permit.
- Retirees that regularly volunteer on campus will be required to display a regular staff parking permit. Individuals or departments may secure the permit at the rate established by the Traffic and Parking Authority (TPA).
Emeritus permits must be properly displayed and are valid in unreserved staff parking areas only. They are valid for occasional parking only and should not be used to park daily on campus.
Emeritus permits are not valid in public pay garages, Circle Park, or other reserved spaces. They are not valid for overnight parking, during special events or sporting events including football and basketball games.
Emeritus permits are for the use of the retiree only and may not be loaned, sold, or used by anyone other than the retiree. An emeritus permit is not transferable.
Emeritus permits are issued every 3 years to qualified retirees. They will be issued at the rate established by the TPA during the annual budgeting cycle.