At the beginning of the school year, it may longer than 5-10 days to receive the hangtag from the distribution center in Arkansas.
Maybe the temporary permit has run out or the permit was sent to your home address and not campus, or it was sent to Knoxville, but just hasn’t arrived…
– you need to immediately get a courtesy permit.
Pick-up 14-day Courtesy Parking Permit from one of our locations:
- Circle Park Information Booth (7:30 am – 4:30 pm)
- Parking & Transportation Services (2121 Stephenson Dr 7:30 am – 4:30 pm)
If the hangtag still has not yet arrived, then we will ask you to
File a lost permit report at the Parking & Transportation office located at
2121 Stephenson Dr 7:30 am – 4:30 pm M-F
- File the report in person
- Bring Photo ID
- Sign the form
- Parking & Transportation Services staff will process and issue replacement
- Replacement cost = $15.00
Did You Know?
There is a $250.00 fine if a hangtag that was reported as lost is used. The person in possession is now subject to these consequences:
- an altered or mutilated registration tag or parking permit violation,
- an unauthorized possession of registration tag or parking permit violation, and
- a falsification of registration information violation,
the penalty for each of which is $250.00 in addition to the parking citation or moving violation fine!
If the permit is found that was reported lost, the old permit must be brought to Parking and Transportation’s Stephenson Drive office.