2017 Football Permit Parking Map
ALL parking on the University of Tennessee campus on game days is by football parking permit only.
There is no general public parking on campus.
Campus areas are reserved for athletic and alumni donors and donor permits. For those parking at Stephenson Drive, the Ag Campus, and the UT Visitor Center/Kingston Pike Building there are fare-free donor shuttles:
Football shuttles for Football Parking Permit holders begins three hours prior to kickoff and buses return starting at half time
- Stephenson Dr/Area 14 – Unload and pick up on Chamique Holdsclaw Dr.
- UT Visitor Ctr and Kingston Pike Bldg – Unload and pick up at Circle Park.
- Ag Campus – Board buses at Joe Johnson Dr and they drop/pick up at Circle Park.
- Limited Public accessible/handicapped parking available first come-first served. No charge w/valid accessible/handicapped placard or license plate.
- ADA transportation picks up at ADA parking area
When campus lots are full, the Knoxville Civic Coliseum garage provides another option for accessible parking. There is NO charge for accessible parking and there is a $6 charge for a shuttle to the game.
Improperly parked vehicles or those found in a restricted area will be towed at the owner’s expense. Towed vehicles may be claimed by contacting UT Police at 865-974-3114.
- Closest to campus – Poplar St lot – $40
- Downtown garages – $20 – Main Ave, Dwight Kessel, City County Bldg, and Locust St
- Downtown – Civic Coliseum Garage & Blackstock Lot – $10
- Free garages – State Street & Market Square
Note: Reminder parking at local hospitals (such as East TN Children’s Hospital & Ft. Sanders) are for employees and hospital visitors only. There is NO gameday parking at these locations.
Accessible parking with shuttle service is available on the
Ag Campus. For information regarding accessible parking, contact Parking and Transit Services at 865-974-6031.
The accessible parking on the Ag Campus is first-come, first-served. There are approximately 150 spaces. A football parking pass is not required; however, a valid accessible parking placard or license plate is required.
The Civic Coliseum provides accessible parking and shuttle to Gate 21. There is NO fee for the parking and a $6.00 shuttle service from the Coliseum to campus. Visit Civic Coliseum Parking.
Faculty, staff, and students attending the game are encouraged to use alternative parking and transportation options due to football permit-only parking on campus.
Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) provides an easy way to attend University of Tennessee Football games – let them do the driving. No worry about parking, where is a lot, and when are you going to get there. Hop on a bus, get off at campus, and get back on at the end of the game.
Let KAT handle the traffic, be your designated driver, AND SAVE MONEY.
Five Routes are available (these are updated for each home game):
KAT begins shuttles three hours prior to kickoff and return starting in the 4th quarter.
- Downtown Civic Coliseum: Parking $10 – Round-trip Bus $6
- Old City: Parking Rates Vary – Round-trip Bus $6
- Market Square: Parking Rates Vary – Round-trip Bus $6
- Farragut High School: FREE Parking – Round-trip Bus $16
RV parking on campus is reserved for University donors and a permit is required. There is no general public RV parking on the campus; however, there are two options which are available on a first-come basis:
Blackstock Parking Lot can accommodate RVs ($25 with no hookups).
640 Blackstock Ave, Knoxville, TN 37916
Faculty/Staff Game Day Parking
The following parking areas will be designated for faculty and staff with a current valid permit who are scheduled to work on football Saturdays:
Staff 12—North Side of Hoskins Library
Staff 20 & RecSports Parking Area—East Side of Aquatic Center
Staff 7 —12th and White—North of Jessie Harris Building – Across from the Early Learning Center
Staff 40 – Kingston Pike Building
These lots will be staffed and a regular staff parking permit will be required. The lots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. On occasion, some of these areas may not be available due to prearranged activities on campus. During the season, special announcements will be made through the media concerning specific game day arrangements and scheduled lot access.
Please note: the 11th Street Garage is reserved for individuals with football parking permits on gameday Saturdays and is not available for staff parking.
Student Parking on Game Day
There is NO parking for undergraduate or graduate commuter students on gamedays.
- Have someone drop you off and pick you up.
- Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) buses serve a wide range of the Knoxville area -(see list above)
- Market Square and State Street garages downtown Knoxville have free parking if you arrive early.
- Neighborhood parking is an option, but many places charge for parking on gamedays.
Please remove all UT vehicles that are parked in areas designated for football permit parking. This must be done the night before the game. Vehicles remaining in assigned football parking areas on football Saturdays are subject to towing.