For the first time since 2008, T ridership surpassed one million passengers in 2015. This increase reflects the 250,000+ more passengers were carried in 2015 vs. 2008.
For this school year, ridership increased in the first six months (July-December) more than 30,000 passengers compared to last year. More than half-a-million [535,788] passengers were carried on the T Jul-Dec 2015.
Among the highest ridership increases were The Fort route at 20% (13,127 more passengers), Neyland Express at 13% (20,924 more passengers) and T Access at 5% (670 more passengers).
Fall 2015 also introduced the first use of a trip request for students using the T Link evening service. This system called “OnDemand” allows students to easily request a trip on their smartphone and track the specific T van that is in route to pick them up.
- Request trips from 6:00 pm to 7:00 am on The T: Link
- Transports student at night to the T: Late Nite or to their destination
- Service area includes UT’s Main campus, Ag campus, and the Fort Sanders neighborhood to Grand Avenue (excluding the Cumberland Avenue Strip)
- Download the UT app (transit) or the TransLoc Rider app at the Apple Store or at the Google Play store
- Click on the icon to request service (note the icon will be gray when it is not in service and blue when it is available)
Install the UT app or the TransLoc Rider app to access the OnDemand service tonight. Information also available on the Rite the T webpage: http://ridethet.utk.edu/route-information/