No T Bus service runs while the University is closed for Thanksgiving weekend beginning midnight, Wednesday, November 22nd.
T bus service will resume at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 26th with Late Nite and T Link Service.
Shuttles will resume on Monday, November 27th.
Enjoy your holiday!
UTPD and Parking & Transit Services would like to remind students, staff, and faculty that late November through to January are times of increased theft from vehicles.
On the UT campus, many people forget and leave packages and valuables visible. This tempting picture means more theft from cars, dorm rooms, and even the library. People forget and get up to get a drink of water, leave the dorm room propped open to talk to someone, or are in a hurry to get to a final and leave the laptop in the back seat.
Please do not leave your laptop, cell, or holiday gifts visible for someone else to take home.
Theft from cars flyer Nov 2017 revised
This map shows which parking areas are impacted by Special Events (yellow) and what options students and staff have during those times (purple).
221298 Evening Class_Special Events Map FINAL
The Getting Around UT November edition provides a calendar of events, information on the Bus to West TN, Poplar St C18 NO parking Nov 6-Dec 6, and where can you park for special events.
November 2017 newsletter Issue 17
The 2017 University of Tennessee – Homecoming Parade
DATE: Friday November 3, 2017
TIME: 4:00 to 5:00 pm
Starts at Volunteer Blvd @ Circle Park Drive, then north on Volunteer
Boulevard to Cumberland and exit on 21st Street.
Grand Marshalls – Del and Dane Bryant – Sons of the authors of Rocky Top
Pride of the Southland Band
Little Vol Walk – 10 and younger riding on decorated wagons, strollers, or tricycles
Student Organization Floats
POST PARADE CELEBRATION:
Cumberland Merchants will be offering specials (30 years ago parade was last on Cumberland)
Parade floats will remain on the CLOSED Cumberland Ave for voting until 6:00 pm
HOW TO VOTE:
Use the hashtag #VolFloat with the number of your favorite float on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter – entry No. 100, use the hashtag #VolFloat100
CLOSURES & IMPACT:
- Circle Park Drive – 2:00 – 4:15 pm – Closed for line up for parade including the Little Vols
- Lake Loudoun Blvd – 3:00 – 4:00 pm – 2 lanes closed for float lineup
- Volunteer Blvd from Lake Loudoun Blvd to Cumberland Avenue – 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Staff/Faculty parked in McClung Tower garages (G1 and G2) are able to exit the garage and must go south on Volunteer Blvd to exit campus
- Cumberland Avenue from 21st St to 16th St – 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- KAT buses will detour around parade route from 3:15 until 6:30 pm
- KAT Trolley – Orange Line (through campus to downtown Knoxville) will also detour from 3:15 until 6:30 pm
- T buses on campus will detour around the parade route from 3:00 until 6:30 pm
- Parents bringing children to participate in the Homecoming parade can parking the Volunteer Blvd garage located at Pat Head Summitt Dr and Volunteer Blvd
- Visitors to McClung Museum Homecoming Party can park in C8 and receive a visitor permit at the parking booth
- Guests coming to watch the parade can park in the White Ave garage after 4 pm – ONLY staff or commuter spaces
- Hourly paid parking is available in the Volunteer Hall garage – entrance off White Ave
- Pay lots and parking meters can be found in the Fort Sanders neighborhood.
Here is the newsletter for the end of October and beginning of November for events which will impact mobility around campus – especially the parade
Homecoming Fall 2017 newsletter Issue 16
Thursday October 26th – reopening Nov 1
- Pat Head Summitt St between Chamique Holdsclaw & Volunteer Blvd to be closed for installation of 4 lights for the Haslam Football Practice Fields
note: we anticipate that the Pat Head Summitt St entrance for G16 will remain open
Friday October 27th
- Water meter well repair – 8 am – Phillip Fulmer Way near the intersection of Peyton Manning Pass will reduce traffic to one lane
- Temporary closure of Middle Drive – 10:30 am – Boo in the Courtyard Halloween Party sponsored by Tickle College of Engineering Dean Wayne Davis
FALL BREAK is here!
The T buses will run a limited schedule during Fall Break.
On October 5-6 an Access van will service the campus community during the day.
A Link evening van will be in operation.
Regular service will resume on Sunday, October 8 with Late Nite and Link bus service starting at 6 pm.
NOTE: KAT Trolley will operate on campus on Thur 7 am to 8 pm
Friday 7 am to 10 pm
Saturday 9 am to 10 pm
Access University Commons – Publix and Wal-Mart
Explore downtown Knoxville: Market Square, Old City, Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame, Saturday Farmer’s Market
Fall Break is here and the T bus will not be operating. Limited Access and Link service is available from Thur-Sat
Regular T bus service resumes on Sunday Oct 9th
What a great time to try the Knoxville Trolley – AND IT’S FREE
Take the Orange line to: University Commons (Publix and Wal-Mart), World’s Fair Park, and downtown
Take the Green line to: Old City, Gay St, and Market Sq (location of the Saturday Farmer’s Market)
Take the Blue line to: Knoxville Station, Civic Coliseum, Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame