The Fort and Neyland Express bus routes are adjusted due to the partial closure of Phillip Fulmer Way starting Fri, Dec 1st through Aug 2024.
The Neyland Stadium Renovation Project ramps up after football season ends and they will be working on the west side and south side from December 1st to August 2024. In addition, a steam line replacement will probably start in February 2024 and close more of the road including the entrance to G10 off Fulmer.
- Instead of turning right onto Phillip Fulmer, the bus will go straight on Lake Loudoun and add 2 new stops that were previously on the Fort route.
- A third stop will be added at Claxton and the Ped Walkway
- Finally, the bus will turn onto Cumberland and back to Phillip Fulmer and unload at Gate 21.
This new route gives Neyland Express riders more options to disembark in the middle of campus.
- The portion of the route that travels down Phillip Fulmer to Lake Loudoun to Volunteer and then onto Cumberland is being discontinued due to the partial road closure.
- The Fort route now will only include the loop up 17th, then right on Highland, right onto 16th, and will conclude at Gate 21.
- The stops that were on Lake Loudoun and Volunteer will now be served by the Neyland Express bus.
Significant changes for The Fort Route for Spring 2024
We are adjusting the Fort route to travel deeper into the Fort Sanders neighborhood for the spring semester, as the partial closure will remain in effect until August 2024.
Stay tuned for more details