Student Permit Purchase Instructions
Before continuing to purchase a student permit, you will need the following information:
- NetID and password
- Credit card or access to MyUTK
- License plate number
- License plate registration expiration date
- Make, model, year, and color of the vehicle(s) you will be driving to campus
Sorority (GS), Fraternity (GF), and Greek Accessible/Handicapped parking permits are ONLY sold in person at Parking & Transit office.
- 2121 Stephenson Dr (off Joan Cronan Way & Neyland Dr)
- Hours: 7:30 am to 4:45 pm Monday-Friday
- Starting August 4, 2020
- Residents of the sorority or fraternity house need to have a completed housing contract in order to be listed as eligible to park
- Eligible lists are sent the Parking and staff verify residency
- Students may pay for permits with credit card or have the charge placed on their student account
2020-21 Permit Rates
(NO increase in permit prices for 5 years)
2020-21 Student School Year Permit
(On sale ???????)
- Fraternity or Sorority (GF/GFW/GFA/GS/GSW/GSA): $269.00
2021 Student Spring Permit ONLY
(On sale Mid -December 2020)
- Fraternity or Sorority (GF/GFW/GFA/GS/GSW/GSA): $134.50
2021 Student Summer Permit
(Mini-session and two summer sessions)
(On sale Mid-April 2021)
- Fraternity or Sorority (GFS/GFSW/GSS/GSSW): $70
Permits are valid for a specific time period. Below are those dates:
School Year (Fall & Spring) valid August 15th to May 15th
Summer Permit valid May 15th to August 15th
Greek parking areas, After 5 pm option, Greek Accessible parking options, and Limitations
Students must register a vehicle
- By the first day of class or
- Within 72 hours of acquiring a vehicle later in the semester.
- A temporary permit is required during this 72-hour period
|Type of Permit||Where can I park||When can I park||Permit Dates|
|Fraternity||Any GF space||24/7||Aug 15 to May 15|
|Sorority (residents of Sorority Village only)||Any GS space||24/7||Aug 15 to May 15|
*NOTE: In addition to the above privileges, any student with any regular student type of paid permit (C, N, T, GF, GS) may park in Commuter or unreserved Staff spaces between 5:00 pm and 3:00 am. The vehicle MUST be moved by 3:00 am or it will be subject to citation and/or towing.
Greek Accessible/Handicapped Parking Permits (GSA, GFA) may also park in:
- Accessible/Handicapped signed spaces
- Any Unreserved S, C, or N space
Note: Accessible permits must also adhere to timed parking spaces – 15 minute loading zone, 45 minute, 1 hour, etc.
- Special Events, parking lots around certain venues are utilized for Special Event Paid Public Parking and signs will indicate the timing of these needs. Commuters or Staff will be instructed on what alternative parking options are available.
- Greek permits are not valid in Commuter or Residential parking areas during the day.