Parking late at night usually involves finding a surface lot with spaces available. The garages are usually full by 8:30 pm. Link here to when Non-Commuter lots fill up.
Based on the Student Parking Map, there are two areas usually have parking availability late at night:
The UT T Bus provides two options for transportation around campus. We also partner with the UT Police Department and their safety initiative of the Live Safe App. The Live Safe app has a great resource called Safe Walk.
T: Bus – Late Nite Service
The Late Nite is the primary service for our nighttime operations and operates every 10-12 minutes nightly:
- Sun – Thur 6:00 pm to 2:30 am
- Fri – Sat 6:00 pm to 3:30 am
Service area includes campus and the Fort Sanders neighborhood
Spring 2021 T-Bus Route Map
Bus is equipped with GPS and is accessible
T: Link – Evening Service
The T: Link operates nightly between 6:00 pm and 7:00 am.
No disability ID is required, but those who have a UT T Access card may indicate their ID# for priority response.
Wait times depend on call volume.
The T: Link transports students at night to their destination.
- Request pickup through the UT mobile app’s transit icon or the TransLoc app. The blue circle will pop up to request On-Demand after 6:00 pm.
- Call from any campus Blue Phone
- Call the Link directly at 865-974-4080
The T: Link service area includes UT’s Main campus, Ag campus, and the Fort Sanders neighborhood to Grand Avenue (excluding the Cumberland Avenue Strip).
OnDemand passenger trip request systems available for The Link route. Access this service are via the UT app or download the TransLoc Rider app at the Apple Store or on Google Play store.
Safety at Night questions
- What if I need a ride at 4 am after finishing my shift as a front desk worker or need a ride to TRECs for a shift that starts at 5 am?
- For those who require transportation after the Late Nite has ended or before the morning bus service begins – you can contact the T: Link at 865-974-4080 for service to your destination.
- I had to park in a surface lot further from my residence hall and the T Late Nite Bus does not go near there?
- Contact the T: Link at 865-974-4080 to pick you up and take you either to the closest bus stop or to your destination
- What if I don’t feel safe waiting on a corner for the T: Link to come and get me and I am parked on Lake Ave?
- You can wait in your vehicle and let the T: Link dispatch know you are waiting in the vehicle and will come to the bus when they show up.
- I am parked in a UT surface lot, but someone strange is in the parking area, what do I do?
- CALL UTPD at 911
- I need to park in a surface lot, what are my options?
- Stop at your hall first and ask you roommate to ride with you so you can walk back together
- Ride the Late Nite bus back to your hall
- Contact the T: Link at 865-974-4080