Where are the available non-commuter spaces at night?
Parking late at night involves finding a surface lot with spaces available. The garages are usually full by 8:30 pm. Link here to when Non-Commuter lots fill up.
Here are the two areas with parking availability late at night:
Volunteer Blvd West on-street parking and Lake Ave surface lots
PN parking area north of Cumberland Ave at Kingston Pike Bldg
Now that I am parked – how do I get back to my residence hall?
The UT T Bus provides two options for transportation around campus.
T: Bus – Late Nite Service
The Late Nite is the primary service for our nighttime operations and operates every 10-12 minutes nightly:
- Sun – Thur 6:00 pm to 2:30 am
- Fri – Sat 6:00 pm to 3:30 am
Service area includes campus and the Fort Sanders neighborhood
Fall 2021 T-Bus Route Map
Buses are equipped with GPS and are accessible
T: Link – Evening Service
The T: Link operates nightly between 6:00 pm and 7:00 am.
No disability ID is required, but those who have a UT T Access card may indicate their ID# for priority response.
Wait times depend on call volume.
The T: Link transports students at night to their destination.
- Request pickup through the UT mobile app’s transit icon or the TransLoc app. The blue circle will pop up to request On-Demand after 6:00 pm.
- Call from any campus Blue Phone
- Call the Link directly at 865-974-4080
The T: Link service area includes UT’s Main campus, Ag campus, and the Fort Sanders neighborhood to Grand Avenue (excluding the Cumberland Avenue Strip).
OnDemand passenger trip request systems available for The Link route. Access this service are via the UT app or download the TransLoc Rider app at the Apple Store or on Google Play store.
Safety at Night questions
- What if I need a ride at 4 am after finishing my shift as a front desk worker or need a ride to TRECs for a shift that starts at 5 am?
- For those who require transportation after the Late Nite has ended or before the morning bus service begins – you can contact the T: Link at 865-974-4080 for service to your destination.
- I had to park in a surface lot further from my residence hall and the T Late Nite Bus does not go near there?
- Contact the T: Link at 865-974-4080 to pick you up and take you either to the closest bus stop or to your destination
- What if I don’t feel safe waiting outside my vehicle for for the T: Link?
- When you call to request the pickup – let the dispatcher know you are waiting in your vehicle with the lights on. When the T Link arrives you can exit your car and get on the bus.
- I am parked in a UT surface lot, but someone strange is in the parking area, what do I do?
- CALL 911
- I need to park in a surface lot, what are my options?
- Stop at your hall first and ask you roommate to ride with you so you can walk back together
- Ride the Late Nite bus back to your hall – if you are close to a stop
- Contact the T: Link at 865-974-4080