2019 Garth Brooks Color Coded Parking Map
(ALL UT campus designated parking areas will be sold)
Garth Brooks Concert parking on the University of Tennessee campus:
- All UT campus concert parking was sold in advance
(regular staff and commuter campus permits are not valid for concerts)
- Guests will purchase a parking permit through Ticketmaster. Concert goers will then be assigned to a lot based on date of transaction.
- Parking hangtags mailed were mailed early November and this will be the first time attendees will know which specific lot they have been assigned.
- NO parking will be sold on the UT campus the day of the concert
Pre-concert Activities – Arrive early and enjoy our Volunteer Hospitality
Time: 2:30 – 5:30 pm
- “Low Places” @ Humanities Plaza – Food, beer, WIVK, and Big Screen to watch 3:30 CBS Georgia vs Auburn football game
- Circle Park – Pre-purchase your tailgate tent from All Occasions Party Rental by emailing Drew@aopr.net
- Student Union will be open – including the Vol Shop
- Merchandise stands will be available to purchase Garth Brooks memorabilia in advance of show
Shuttles from Ag Campus and Stephenson Dr begin at 2:30 pm (4 1/2 hrs prior to concert)
The Visit Knoxville website has a link to hotels, restaurants, and other activities occurring in Knoxville. We invite you to explore the beautiful and bountiful City of Knoxville.
Concert parking areas will open at 10:00 am Saturday, November 16th
PLEASE NOTE: Improperly parked vehicles or those found in a restricted area will be towed at the owner’s expense. Towed vehicles may be claimed by contacting UT Police at 865-974-3114.
Concert goers with pre-paid parking hangtags for Stephenson Drive and the Ag Campus will have fare-free shuttles:
Concert shuttles will begin 4 1/2 hours prior to the event start at 2:30 pm
- Stephenson Dr/Area 14 – Unload and pick up on Chamique Holdsclaw Dr.
- Ag Campus – Board buses at Joe Johnson Dr and they drop/pick up at Circle Park.
- Limited Public accessible/handicapped parking available first come-first served. No charge w/valid accessible/handicapped placard or license plate.
- ADA accessible/handicapped shuttle buses picks up at ADA parking area near the Business Incubator Bldg and
When campus lots are full, the Knoxville Civic Coliseum garage provides another option for accessible parking. There is NO charge for accessible parking at the coliseum.
- FREE City of Knoxville garages – Market Square, Dwight Kessel, State Street, and Locust St
- $20.00 – City of Knoxville garages – Main Ave and City County Bldg
- $10.00 – Civic Coliseum garage (Coliseum is hosting Disney on Ice)
Downtown Knoxville Shuttle and Walking Path
A continuous shuttle will run from Krutch Park to campus from 2:00 pm to 12:30 am
- Departing Downtown Knoxville from Gay Street and Krutch Park
- Arriving on campus at Walters Bldg (location for bus return trip after the concert)
Walking Path from Downtown Knoxville to Neyland Stadium
Fort Sanders/UT campus neighborhood Public Parking options
- $25.00 – City of Knoxville Meter Parking in Fort Sanders
(Lake Ave and White Ave – streets on both sides of Cumberland Ave)
(only credit cards are accepted for payment)
- $15.00 – $30.00 East TN Children’s Hospital
- $40.00 – University Commons (near Publix)
NOTE: Ft. Sanders Hospital reserves parking for employees and hospital visitors ONLY and does not sell their parking areas.
More than 200 Accessible/Handicapped spaces will be available for free in three (3) designated sections.
A Garth Brooks parking pass is not required; however, a valid accessible parking placard or license plate is required.
1. Staff 5 under the Gate 10 Neyland Stadium Ramp (50 spaces)
2. Top level of G10 by the pedestrian walkway to the stadium (20 spaces)
3. Behind the Vet Hospital on the Ag Campus (150 spaces)
The Ag Campus accessible parking area will be served by an accessible shuttle that serves Gate 21 at Neyland Stadium and will begin at 2:30 pm (4 1/2 hours prior to the concert start time).
Once UT handicapped/accessible parking is full we refer guests to the Civic Coliseum (500 Howard Baker Jr Ave, 37915). There is NO fee for the handicapped/accessible parking.
After parking cross the street to the Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) station for travel to the UT Campus (fee).
Visit Civic Coliseum Parking.
Authorized Drop-off location for taxis/limos is located on Volunteer Blvd at the School of Nursing or Bailey/Claxton Education.
Authorized Uber/Lyft location is on Circle Dr (NOT Circle Park) off Cumberland Ave – enter the Hill and proceed up to Ayres Hall.
Traffic into the Hill will be closely monitored by police and may close. Approximately 10:30 pm police will open up the Cumberland entrance for Uber/Lyft drivers to enter the Hill. This one-time load in will enable vehicles to be staged for guests leaving the concert.
Due to police traffic management and getting guests off campus, the Circle Dr location is the only authorized for a pick up. If a guest wants to specifically request an Uber/Lyft pickup, the best bet is to walk a few blocks – somewhere north of Cumberland Ave (possibly Clinch Ave) and meet their vehicle at that location. NO ride service will be admitted to the stadium area after the concert.
Guests attending the Garth Brooks Concert are encouraged to use alternative parking and transportation options due to advance concert permit-only parking on campus.
Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) provides an easy and affordable ($4.00 for a day pass) way to attend the Garth Brooks Stadium Tour concert. No worry about parking, where is a lot, and when are you going to get there? Hop on a bus, get off at campus, and get back on at the end of the night.
Let KAT handle the traffic, be your designated driver, AND SAVE MONEY!
Five Routes are available:
There is no general public RV parking on the campus; however, the Civic Coliseum in downtown Knoxville can accommodate a limited number of RVs.
Advance sales can be purchased only through Ticketmaster.com.
- Individual RV Parking is available for $130 for the Garth Brooks Concert in Garage A and B.
- After parking guests will walk to the KAT bus station across the street for travel to the UT Campus (fee)
Limited Bus Parking will be available on a first-come, first-parked basis on Todd Helton Dr south of the Baseball Stadium. (Similar to procedures used for Home Football Games.)
The following parking areas will be designated for faculty and staff with a current valid permit who are required to work:
- Staff 40 – Kingston Pike Building
- SC (Old Sports Bubble) – next to TRECs
- Volunteer Blvd West from Cumberland Ave to UT Dr
The lots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note: Event staff who park at the SC 40 (Staff 40) area will have a shuttle available to transport them to the stadium starting at 12 noon.
Commuter Student Parking
There is NO parking for undergraduate or graduate commuter students.
- Have someone drop you off and pick you up
- Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) buses serve a wide range of the Knoxville area
- Many City of Knoxville parking garages will be available for FREE (except Main Ave, City County Bldg, and Civic Coliseum)
- Neighborhood parking is an option, but many places may charge for parking on the concert night. NOTE: City of Knoxville parking meters will be charging $25.00 for parking on Lake Ave and White Ave.
Please remove all UT vehicles that are parked in areas designated for the Garth Brooks Concert by 5:00 pm on Friday November 15th. Vehicles remaining in assigned concert parking areas on Saturday November 16th are subject to towing.
Parking hangtag permits purchased directly through Ticketmaster will be honored. Parking bought from individuals or third party sites (StubHub, SeatGeek, Vivint, etc.) may not be valid. If you purchase tickets through those sites or individuals you risk purchasing invalid tickets. To guarantee that your ticket be honored, you must purchase through Ticketmaster online, by calling 800-745-3000 or in person at a Ticketmaster outlet.