2019 Garth Brooks Color Coded Parking Map
(ALL UT campus designated parking areas will be sold)
Garth Brooks Concert parking on the University of Tennessee campus:
- All UT campus concert parking will be sold in advance
(regular staff and commuter campus permits are not valid for concerts)
- Guests will purchase either a $30 or $40 parking permit through Ticketmaster. Concert goers will then be assigned to a lot based on date of transaction.
- Parking hangtags mailed a few weeks prior to the concert and this will be the first time attendees will know which specific lot they have been assigned.
- NO parking will be sold on the UT campus the day of the concert
Campus Activities prior to start of the Garth Brooks Concert
The university will be coordinating events on Saturday afternoon November 16th prior to the concert to encourage our friends (some in low places) to arrive early and avoid traffic getting on campus.
The University of Tennessee will provide Volunteer Hospitality and welcome our guests, alumni, family, friends, and the vast Garth Brooks fandom to Knoxville.
The Visit Knoxville website has a link to hotels, restaurants, and other activities occurring in Knoxville. We invite you to explore the beautiful and bountiful City of Knoxville. More information will be available soon.
Concert parking areas will open at 10:00 am Saturday November 16th
PLEASE NOTE: Improperly parked vehicles or those found in a restricted area will be towed at the owner’s expense. Towed vehicles may be claimed by contacting UT Police at 865-974-3114.
- Garth Day (Gameday) webpage from UT Athletics
- Visit Knoxville/Garth Brooks
- Thompson-Boling Arena – Garth Brooks
- Public Transit buses – Knoxville Area Transit (KAT)
For those parking at Stephenson Drive, the Ag Campus, and Accessible/Handicapped parking on the Ag Campus will have fare-free shuttles:
Concert shuttles will begin three hours prior to the event start at 4:00 pm
- Stephenson Dr/Area 14 – Unload and pick up on Chamique Holdsclaw Dr.
- Ag Campus – Board buses at Joe Johnson Dr and they drop/pick up at Circle Park.
- Limited Public accessible/handicapped parking available first come-first served. No charge w/valid accessible/handicapped placard or license plate.
- ADA transportation picks up at ADA parking area
When campus lots are full, the Knoxville Civic Coliseum garage provides another option for accessible parking. There is NO charge for accessible parking at the coliseum.
- City of Knoxville garages – NO CHARGE – Main Ave, Market Square, Dwight Kessel, City County Bldg, State Street, and Locust St
- Downtown – Civic Coliseum Garage $10 (They also have an event – Disney on Ice)
- Near World’s Fair Park – Blackstock Lot – $10
Note: East TN Children’s Hospital usually sells parking as a fundraiser for their Volunteer Services programs.
Ft. Sanders Hospital reserves parking for employees and hospital visitors only.
More than 200 Accessible/Handicapped spaces will be available for free in three (3) designated sections.
A Garth Brooks parking pass is not required; however, a valid accessible parking placard or license plate is required.
1. Staff 5 under the Gate 10 Neyland Stadium Ramp (50 spaces)
2. Top level of G10 by the pedestrian walkway to the stadium (20 spaces)
3. Behind the Vet Hospital on the Ag Campus (150 spaces)
The Ag Campus accessible parking area will be served by an accessible shuttle that serves Gate 21 at Neyland Stadium.
Once UT handicapped/accessible parking is full we refer guests to the Civic Coliseum (500 Howard Baker Jr Ave, 37915). There is NO fee for the handicapped/accessible parking.
After parking cross the street to the KAT station for travel to the UT Campus (fee).
Visit Civic Coliseum Parking.
Authorized Drop-off location for taxis, Uber and Lyft is located on Volunteer Blvd at the School of Nursing or Bailey/Claxton Education
Authorized Pickup location is on Circle Dr (NOT Circle Park) near Ayres Hall after the concert where drivers may enter the Hill from Cumberland Ave during the final third of the event and be already staged for guests leaving.
Due to police traffic management and getting guests off campus, the Circle Dr location is the only authorized for a pick up. If a guest wants to specifically request an Uber/Lyft pickup, the best bet is to walk a few blocks – somewhere north of Cumberland Ave and meet their vehicle at that location. NO ride service will be admitted to the stadium area after the concert.
Guests attending the Garth Brooks Concert are encouraged to use alternative parking and transportation options due to advance concert permit-only parking on campus.
Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) provides an easy way to attend the Garth Brooks Stadium Tour concert – let them do the driving. No worry about parking, where is a lot, and when are you going to get there. Hop on a bus, get off at campus, and get back on at the end of the night.
Let KAT handle the traffic, be your designated driver, AND SAVE MONEY.
Five Routes are available:
There is no general public RV parking on the campus; however, the Civic Coliseum in downtown Knoxville can accommodate a limited number of RVs. Advance sales can be purchased only through Ticketmaster.com.
- Individual RV Parking is available for $130 for the Garth Brooks Concert in Garage A and B.
- After parking guests will walk to the KAT bus station across the street for travel to the UT Campus (fee)
The following parking areas will be designated for faculty and staff with a current valid permit who are required to work:
Staff 12—North Side of Hoskins Library
Staff 20 & RecSports Parking Area—East Side of Aquatic Center
Staff 40 – Kingston Pike Building
2019 – NEW – Volunteer Blvd West from Cumberland Ave to UT Dr will also be available for staff required to work.
These lots will be staffed and a regular staff parking permit will be required. The lots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. On occasion, some of these areas may not be available due to prearranged activities on campus.
Please note: The 11th Street Garage is reserved for individuals with Garth Brooks Concert parking permits and is NOT available for staff parking.
Commuter Student Parking
There is NO parking for undergraduate or graduate commuter students.
- Have someone drop you off and pick you up.
- Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) buses serve a wide range of the Knoxville area -(see list above)
- Market Square and State Street garages downtown Knoxville have free parking if you arrive early.
- Neighborhood parking is an option, but many places charge for parking on the concert night.
Please remove all UT vehicles that are parked in areas designated for the Garth Brooks Concert by 5:00 pm on Friday November 15th. Vehicles remaining in assigned concert parking areas on Saturday November 16th are subject to towing.
We can only honor event tickets purchased directly through Ticketmaster. Tickets bought from individuals or third party sites (StubHub, SeatGeek, Vivint, etc.) may not be valid. If you purchase tickets through those sites or individuals you risk purchasing invalid tickets. To guarantee that your ticket be honored, you must purchase through Ticketmaster online, by calling 800-745-3000 or in person at a Ticketmaster outlet.