Student Permit Purchase Instructions
Before continuing to purchase a student permit, you will need the following information:
- NetID and password
- Credit card or access to MyUTK
- License plate number
- License plate registration expiration date
- Make, model, year, and color of the vehicle(s) you will be driving to campus
Students are required to purchase their non-commuter (residential) parking permit online.
Online permit sales are open year-round.
Receipt and Temporary Permit – At the end of transaction print the 14 day temporary permit to park in your designated area.
Hang tags are mailed the next business day from the vendor. Permits are not available to pick up in office.
Click the link below to purchase your permit:
>>> Purchase a Student Permit <<<
New to campus? You may purchase your parking permit on the first business day following the day you register for classes.
2021 Student Summer Parking Permit Rate
Must have a summer permit if parking on campus May 15-August 15
Spring 2021 Student Parking Map
Purchase online only
- Non-Commuter Permit (NS/NSW/NSA): $100
2021-22 Student School Year Parking Permit Rates
Purchase online only
- Non-Commuter Permit (N/NW/NA): $294
Accessible Parking Permits will be available for purchase
either in person or through email, starting Monday, August 2, 2021
One Day Permit – Temporary parking for student areas may be purchased at rate of $5.00 per day when space is available. Circle Park Parking Information Booth near the Torchbearer sells one day permits.
Requirements, Accessible, After Hours, Limitations and Enforcement
All vehicles require that you need to:
- Purchase a Parking Permit – Valid parking permits are required to park on the UT Knoxville campus – 24/7/365 (including nights, weekends, breaks, holidays, and during the summer (parking during the summer requires a summer permit)
- Temporary or Replacement Parking Permit – If you have newly acquired a vehicle, left it in another vehicle, or misplaced your hangtag; we can provide a temporary permit or issue a replacement for a fee at either:
- Circle Park Information Booth – near Torchbearer
- Parking & Transit Services – 2121 Stephenson Dr (off Neyland and Joan Cronan Way, just across the railroad tracks)
- Both offices are open Mon – Fri 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
|Type of Permit||Where can I park||When can I park||VALID Permit Dates|
|Non-Commuter (UT housing – dorms and apartments ONLY, on-campus)
|Any N space
19 N parking areas
NOT assigned to a specific garage, lot, or space
|24/7||Aug 15 to May 15|
|Motorcycle Non-Commuter||Any R space||24/7||Aug 15 to Aug 15|
Accessible Parking Permits (NA) may also park in:
- Accessible signed spaces
- Any Unreserved S, C, or N space
Accessible permits must also adhere to timed parking spaces – 15 minute loading zone, 45 minute, 1 hour, etc.
Parking after 5:00 pm (except when noted by special event signs)
In addition to the above privileges, any student with any regular student type of paid permit (C, N, T, GF, GS) may park in Commuter or unreserved Staff spaces between 5:00 pm and 3:00 am. The vehicle MUST be moved by 3:00 am or it will be subject to citation and/or towing.
- TRECs – Staff and Commuter parking ONLY during the day. After 5 pm Non-Commuters may park in the TRECs or SC area when utilizing the Recreation Facilities.
Parking permits are required on the University of Tennessee Knoxville campus 24/7/365.
Due to the volume of activities on the UT campus year around, we monitor and manage continually including during the summer, on holiday break, and weekends.
In addition, certain streets around the UT campus are maintained by the City of Knoxville and they also monitor 24/7/365.