This page will assist UT students whose housing contract is with UT directly, who transferred from Laurel Hall to Aspen Heights, to understand Parking and Transit.
- UT Non-Commuter parking – about 12 options within a 3 block walk (there are 23 areas total). Four of these areas are one block away.
$294 for the Fall and Spring combined – overnight parking and you do NOT need to move your vehicle on home football games
- UT Perimeter Non-Commuter parking – 1 area at Kingston Pike Building at Cumberland Ave. This affordable option – $100 for Fall and Spring combined is ONLY valid in this one parking lot that is right next to the Kingston Pike Bldg. The students parked in this lot do not need to move their vehicle on home football games.
- Other private lots in the Fort Sanders neighborhood
- Please note the City of Knoxville parking meters cost 30 cents an hour and are will be time limited – some are 2 hours and some are 10 hour maximum. VERY important on home football games those meters charge $25 for the day.
UT parking permits are not valid in the Aspen Heights Garage—that is a private garage operated by the apartment and permits for it must be acquired through Aspen Heights.
Bus Transportation Options
- The T Bus system daytime service does not directly serve Aspen Heights but the KAT Trolley Orange Line has a stop across Cumberland Ave at University Commons and travels Volunteer Blvd through the center of campus and then Cumberland. It does not travel up the hill, but comes very close.
- If students need to take The Hill route, then can change to that bus along Volunteer Blvd. The other daytime routes – The Fort, Ag Express, and the Neyland Express intersect across campus. Please refer to the T Bus Map or the Tennessee app and the Ride the T icon for real time locations.
- Late at night – the T Link can be requested at 865-974-4080 or through the TransLoc app and the On-Demand feature. The T Buses do not travel on Cumberland Ave, so this will drop you off at 22nd and White Ave – where the red star is located.
Off-campus Knoxville Area Transit
FREE KAT Trolley
- This is a FREE bus and the Orange Line route that travels through campus and proceeds to downtown Knoxville. It picks up at University Commons behind the Publix and proceeds down Volunteer through campus. This is walkable from Aspen Heights.
Knoxville Area Transit (fares charged)
- KAT Route 11 bus travels Cumberland Ave and provides a more direct route down Cumberland to buildings like Strong, Student Union, Mossman, and the Hill. There is a fare for the KAT bus 50 cents per ride or a 1 day pass of $1.00. They also sell 30 day and 20 ride passes. You can purchase KAT bus passes at the Central Ticket Office in the Student Union (use the Volunteer Blvd entrance across from the Dunford horseshoe.)