The City of Knoxville Traffic Engineering Department and Public Service Department will clean, paint, and update signage in the Fort Sanders neighborhood over two summer weekends:
Dates & Times
- -Work will occur on North/South direction streets in the Fort Sanders area as labeled on the below maps on June 8-9, 2019 (Saturday @ 6am to Sunday @ 6pm)
- -Work will occur on East/West direction streets in the Fort Sanders area as labeled on the below maps on July 20-21, 2019 (Saturday @ 6am to Sunday @ 6pm)
Type of Work:
- Street Sweeping
- Yellow Curb Painting
- Parking Stall Markings
- Signs and Markings Maintenance
- Parking will be removed/restricted on all streets as noted above and detailed on the attached maps.
- Prior notification of parking restrictions will be posted at least 48 hours in advance on affected streets.
- All vehicles will be towed during project dates and times.
- Traffic will continue to flow on affected streets unless temporary closures are needed for safety.
- Normal Operations will resume once work is completed on each street.
- Work will start on streets adjacent to Hospitals to minimize time of inconvenience and restricted access.
- Defined Parking Areas
- Clean Streets
- Better Traffic Flow with less crowding at intersections
- Signs & Markings Refresh
- Safety Improvements