A Celebration of Life service for Lady Vol Basketball Head Coach Emeritus Pat Summitt will take place at 7 p.m. ET on July 14 at the University of Tennessee’s Thompson-Boling Arena. The public is invited, and admission is free. (click here for more information about the event)
Doors to the arena will open at 5:30 p.m. ET, and the general public may enter through Gates B, C, D and E with the usual ADA entrances also available. Attendees are asked to be seated and silence their cell phones by 6:30 p.m. ET so the program can begin promptly at 7.
Parking is free for this event (click here for map). All guests planning to park in the G-10 garage are encouraged to enter the structure from Neyland Drive.
Recommended General Public Parking
- AG Campus
- C-8 @ Lake Loudoun and Volunteer Blvd
- C-15 on Neyland Dr across from UT Rowing
- G-1 (McClung Garage)
- G-2 (McClung Garage)
- G-3, G-4, G-5 @ Andy Holt Tower
- C-6 @ Lake Loudoun Blvd
- S-30 @ Phillip Fulmer Way
- G-11 (Lake Avenue Garage)
- G-12 (White Avenue Garage)
- G-13 (11th Street Garage)
- S-22 Todd Helton Dr & Volunteer Blvd
- S-23 @ Music Bldg & Theater
- S-9 on Phillip Fulmer Way
- S 9-A @ Art & Architecture
Recommended ADA Public Parking
- Top level of G-10
- AG Campus (accessible shuttles will take attendees to the Arena)
No public parking in these areas
- Phillip Fulmer Way
- Chamique Holdsclaw Dr
- S-21 Pratt Pavilion
- S-23 at Steam Plant
- S-28 on Chamique Holdsclaw Dr
- S-5A at Arena
Shuttles begin @ 4:30 pm from the AG Campus
For groups traveling in buses, please follow UT Police directions to Phillip Fulmer Way or Todd Helton Drive.
Navigating the Cone Zone
With much construction underway on campus, new and returning visitors will see the following changes:
- With several roads and various areas of campus under construction, guests are strongly encouraged to arrive on campus early.
- “Cone Zone” signs featuring a hard hat-wearing Smokey have been placed around campus, helping motorists and pedestrians locate parking and detour around construction. The latest information on campus construction can be found at conezone.utk.edu.
- All lanes of Neyland Drive approaching campus are open, but much of Cumberland Ave. bordering campus is restricted to only one lane of traffic in each direction.
- Volunteer Blvd. is closed in both directions between Todd Helton Dr. and Pat Head Summitt St. That part of Volunteer is adjacent to Fraternity Park and Tom Black Track.