University of Tennessee will NOT see parking as usual when summer classes start on Thursday, June 1. You will find road closures and construction that will greatly impact your ability to get around campus.
Streetscape Phase II has commenced, in addition to other projects.
Closures and Construction
- Avoid Volunteer Blvd! It is CLOSED from Lake Loudon Blvd to Peyton Manning Pass (Streetscape Phase II) until August 11th. It will parallel the work done in front of Fraternity Park when this Phase is complete.
- Circle Park driving lanes and parking will be CLOSED, but the buildings and McClung Museum are open.
- Visitor parking has been relocated to the east side of Lot C8 at Lake Loudon Blvd – look for large sign.
- Traffic one lane in each direction on portions of Volunteer Blvd (Avoid this area if you can)!
For details – Longer page on specifics of construction click here
Impacts on Commuter parking
- G10 garage (Neyland) will be used for Orientation parking on top and some west end levels, along with many athletic and academic camps coming into the Phillip Fulmer Way entrance.
*PARKING TIP: We STRONGLY recommend that commuters enter G10 from Neyland Dr to avoid the traffic at the Phillip Fulmer entrance!!!
- G10 will be impacted for the cleaning and painting on the south end of Neyland Stadium around the Jumbo Tron. (More details soon.)
- Commuter parking at C8 (across from Art & Architecture) is VERY limited (AVOID this area) – the grey section on the left is the portion available to commuters.
- Commuter parking in G16 (Vol Blvd and Pat Head Summitt) — park on levels 1 or 2
- C7 (Terrace Ave), C22 (Vol Blvd & UT Dr) and Lake Ave garage are your main alternatives
- The T Bus for the Summer Hill route will have a new route based on construction – click here for the map
Summer Visitor and Cone Zone (construction) map – please click here
Please let us know what your questions are and how we can help you get around campus this summer.
Follow @UTKParking on Twitter
p.s. Remember to display your CS parking permit when classes begin on June 1st
You may print a 14 day (from time of purchase) temporary permit from the online system to display on the dashboard if your hangtag has not yet arrived. (If it has not arrived after the 14 days, please come to our office for an extended courtesy permit until it does arrive).
Parking and Transit Services at 2121 Stephenson Dr is open daily from 7:30 am – 4:45 pm